Ways to Engage
Bring opera into your life—on and off the stage.
- Get social: We want to hear from you! Join us in conversations on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram enjoy impromptu photos, videos and the latest happenings in the opera world!
- Go behind-the-scenes: Learn more about the artists, music and design for each of the current Season’s operas on the pages of Carmen, Greek, The Rake’s Progress and The Marriage of Figaro.
- Blog with us:Our blog, In the Wings, is a one-stop-shop of everything BLO. Whether you’re interested in the historical currents that shaped a particular opera or photos from the rehearsal room, In the Wings is your gateway to discovering the world of opera at BLO and beyond.
- E-Opera: Sign up for BLO’s e-newsletters to learn about special offers, upcoming events, along when new articles and interviews are published on our blog, In the Wings, to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse into BLO.
AT THE PERFORMANCE
At the performance, join us for our pre-performance talks and talkbacks:
- Pre-Performance Lectures
Arrive one hour early to explore the production’s history and how music and design interact to create dynamic performances, while hearing about performance highlights and unique BLO touches to watch for.
- Opera Annex Post-Show Talkbacks
Stick around after the show for our informal, half-hour panels that include cast and creative team members in an informal discussion. Listen to candid conversations about the performance process and what happened onstage that day or evening.
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Events: From our Signature Series that explores the intersection of opera and other art forms, to Opera Nights at the Boston Public Library that inform and inspire, to other Community Events with partner organizations, BLO’s opera experience goes far beyond the curtain into a variety of settings throughout Boston. Experience opera in innovative and exciting ways through BLO’s series of events for learners of all ages.
- The Boston Opera Calendar: Created by the Boston Opera Alliance (BOA) with leading support from BLO, the Boston Opera Calendar is a new online resource listing a wide variety of opera events happening across the city. Whether you’re an opera lover or an opera novice, we invite you to explore and experience the work of this unique and
- Volunteer: Love music, theatre and giving back to the community? We have the right position for you!
- Join PRIMA: PRIMA is BLO’s social group for young arts lovers. From opera and theatre enthusiasts to musicians and music lovers of all kinds, PRIMA is the best place for young professionals who are interested in supporting the arts community and who want to explore it with others. Sign up to be one of the first to hear how you can join the 2016/17 Season as a PRIMA Member.
- Educate: Help BLO educate the next generation through programs for Youth & Schools that make opera and the creative process an integral part of life, in and outside of school, for hundreds of students in greater Boston.
- Support the world of opera: Your support makes it possible for opera lovers of all ages to experience world-class opera in Boston. Learn more about how you can make an impact as a Friend of BLO or member of The Orfeo Society.