BLO’s Community of Supporters
The Orfeo Society—named for the father of song—and Friends of BLO make up BLO’s community of core supporters. Founded on a mutual love for opera, members share their passion for masterful works of art and support the exceptional resources required to create them season upon season. In return, members receive exclusive access to benefits that enrich their operatic experience. When you join The Orfeo Society or Friends of BLO, you become part of a vibrant community of patrons whose generosity is only surpassed by the beauty of the operatic art form.
Friends of BLO
Friends of BLO is the largest community of supporters of Boston Lyric Opera. As your gifts increase, access to benefits that enrich your operatic experience grow as well, including backstage tours, invitations to private events, and more. Benefits begin at $100, and all patrons donating $250 or more will be recognized in the season program book.
The Orfeo Society
Patrons donating $3,000 or more to BLO’s Annual Fund are welcomed into The Orfeo Society. Benefits include behind-the-scenes access to productions, artists, music and opera; the best seats in the house; invitation to exclusive Orfeo Lounges and annual events; access ot concierge ticketing and more.
YOUR ORFEO SOCIETY BENEFITS
- Invitation to BLO’s annual Orfeo Society event
- Season-long access to the Orfeo Lounge
- Invitation to one Design Presentation with members of the Creative Team
- Private backstage tour
- Concierge ticket assistance
- Priority seating for all BLO productions
- Invitation to the annual Season Preview event (Fall 2016)
- Season-long recognition in BLO program books
- Complimentary subscription to BLO’s bi-annual magazine, Coda
- BLO’s e-news with insider information, exclusive alerts, and personalized offers
- Invitations to BLO events and other Boston-area cultural happenings
- Season-long invitation to the BLO Design Presentation Series (four per Season)
- Invitation to Final Dress Rehearsals
- Invitation to a Board-hosted evening with Company leadership and special guests
CON BRIO ($15,000)
- Admission to donor-only production rehearsals
- Public acknowledgment at all BLO productions throughout the Season
DONATE ABOVE THE PRESTO LEVEL
and receive a customized BLO experience designed to suit your unique interests:
VIVACE ($33,333) | FIORITURA ($66,666) | CRESCENDO ($100,000+)
Information BLO collects and maintains:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number, email address
- Giving information
- Information on performances and events attended, as well as special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
BLO uses this information to understand our donors’ interests in our mission and programs and to update them on our plans and activities. All information concerning donors may be shared only with staff, board members, and consultants, including legal counsel and accountants, on a need-to-know basis. It will be kept strictly confidential unless permission is granted by the donor or, in the case of an estate, the donor’s personal representative, except to the extent BLO is required to release such information by law.
Boston Lyric Opera does not sell, rent, or lease its donors’ information to other organizations.
BLO offers opportunities for donors to be recognized publicly in association with their gift level; however, all donors are given the opportunity to remain anonymous and to decline public and/or private recognition.
At any time you may request to be removed from email and/or postal mailing lists.
Boston Lyric Opera Company
Attention: Development Office
11 Avenue de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111-1736
Make a gift today, and send a powerful message of artistic leadership, civic impact, and passion that only BLO—and you—can bring.
For more information on giving levels and benefits to support BLO’s vital programs, contact Robin Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.542.4912.
KNOW YOUR BLO
Eileen Nugent Williston | Director of External Relations | 617.542.4912 x253 | email@example.com
Sarah B. Blume | Director of Major Gifts | 617.542.4912 x228 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Coffey | Associate Director of Major Gifts | 617.542.4912 x227 | email@example.com