ARNOLD SCHOENBERG SYMPOSIUM
SATURDAY, NOV 17 | 1PM – 4PM
MIT Media Lab | 75 Amherst Street, E14, Cambridge
Free and open to the public
Immerse yourself in the music, life, and legacy of Arnold Schoenberg, just in time for renowned composer Tod Machover’s new opera, Schoenberg in Hollywood. Tour a special exhibition from the Schönberg Center in Vienna (on view through April 30, 2019), hear talks and discussion by experts, and get behind-the-scenes insight to the Boston Lyric Opera World Premiere production of Schoenberg in Hollywood, running November 14–18 at the Emerson Paramount Center.
- Tod Machover, Composer, Academic Head of the MIT Media Lab and Director, Opera of the Future group
- Anne Schreffler, James Edward Ditson Professor of Music, Department of Music, Harvard University
- Joseph Auner, Austin Fletcher Professor of Music, Dean of Academic Affairs at Tufts University
- Jeremy Eichler, public scholar, National Endowment for the Humanities; music critic, The Boston Globe
- Karole Armitage, Stage Director, Schoenberg in Hollywood
Please RSVP HERE. Light refreshments included.
Schoenberg in Hollywood World Premiere performances run November 14–18, 2018. Information and tickets available here.