Join us in the world of Gilead.
In an initiative designed to increase access and engagement in opera, Boston Lyric Opera is offering 50 free tickets to students to each performance of The Handmaid’s Tale, a total of 200 tickets across the production.
Based on Margaret Atwood’s classic dystopian novel, the opera by Poul Ruders and Paul Bentley is one of BLO’s largest productions ever and will be staged in a gymnasium that recalls the infamous “Red Center” from the novel, with theater icon Anne Bogart directing and BLO Music Director David Angus conducting.
Students may reserve a free ticket by filling out the below forms in advance and bringing their student ID to the venue for pickup. Didn’t make the first 50? $20 student rush tickets will then become available – limited to 2 per student ID.
Request your free ticket today and bring your student ID when you pick up!
Reserve the performance date of your choice:
Ray Lavietes Pavilion
65 North Harvard Street, Allston
Don’t miss this incredible installation of one of the most crucial stories of our time.
Educators! Thank you for extending this special opportunity to your students and encouraging them to attend. Please join us for a performance of The Handmaid’s Tale at a special teacher discount of $25 tickets for any of our performances. Purchase online at BLO.org/Handmaids with the code: TEACHER. Offer subject to availability. Limit two tickets.
Parents! Planning on attending with your teen? Call the Box Office at 617-542-6772 to inquire about opportunities to sit together or other discounts that may apply to you.
Please note the following policies & procedures regarding this offer:
- Students must fill out the form provided by BLO to claim their ticket
- Each student may claim only one (1) free ticket
- Any duplicate entries will not be honored by BLO
- Students may redeem only 1 free ticket over the course of the production
- A valid student ID is required to pickup the ticket
- The online forms will close 3 hours before curtain or when 50 tickets have been claimed, whichever occurs first, and a reminder email will be sent out to those who have signed up
- Tickets can be picked up the day of the performance starting 90 minutes before the published start time
- Any tickets that are not picked up 15 minutes before the published start time may be released and given to anyone in the waiting line
- The waiting line is for students who want to see if any tickets go unclaimed, tickets are not guaranteed and are on a first-come, first-serve basis – one (1) ticket per student
- Once the 50 tickets are claimed, students can purchase tickets for $20 and get 2 per valid student ID
- This is dependent upon availability
Please contact Audience Services with any questions you may have:
617-542-6772 or email email@example.com