Open internships, volunteer opportunities, regular full-time positions, and part-time positions.
Boston Lyric Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
Boston Lyric Opera seeks candidates for the role of Artistic Associate to provide general assistance and support to the Artistic department. Responsibilities include the preparation of music materials for artists (practice parts, scores, etc.); assisting with scheduling and travel, expense and credit account reconciliations; providing administrative support to the Music Director (organizing calendar, travel, scores, etc.); assisting at BLO events, auditions, rehearsals and performances; maintaining artistic databases; importing and exporting data to/from ArtsVision; liaison with local conservatory and university opera programs. This non-exempt/overtime eligible position reports to the Director of Artistic Operations.
Some night and weekend work will be required at rehearsals, performances, auditions, other programs, and events throughout the season.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Music, Arts Administration, or business preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access). General office experience. Ability to read music. Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. Knowledge of classical music repertoire is a major plus.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented and possess excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills. Flexibility, attention to detail, bottom-line orientation and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure, collegial environment are required.
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits and excellent opportunity for advancement. Boston Lyric Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Artistic Associate Search, Boston Lyric Opera, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111, or email ZCalhoun@blo.org. No phone inquiries.
Production Operations Manager
Reporting to the Production and Technical Director, the Production Operations Manager has essential functions in department administration, including financial operations, personnel contracting and management, calendar management, coordination of travel and housing, maintaining department records and archives, and responsibilities for co-productions and rentals.
The Production Operations Manager role is a full time salaried position with benefits. Boston Lyric Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Anna B Labykina, Production and Technical Director, Boston Lyric Opera, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston MA 02111. As this is an immediate vacancy, apply at your earliest convenience, but no later than July 26, 2017.
Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, the Master Carpenter facilitates all storage warehouse activity for 4 Boston Lyric Opera productions. S/he constructs scenery and properties items as directed by the Associate Technical Director. S/he maintains the scenery, hardware, and tool stock at the storage warehouse. Assists the Associate Technical Director with all logistics and load-in/strike aspects of the season, regardless of the venue. This position is headquartered at the BLO Storage Warehouse, 40 Strafello DR in Avon.
Seasonal 30-week position: 8/14/2017 – 11/17/2017; 1/21/2018 – 5/18/2018
Boston Lyric Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, addressed to Anna Labykina, Production and Technical Director, Boston Lyric Opera, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111. Apply at your earliest convenience, but no later than July 21, 2017.
Boston Lyric Opera seeks candidates for the role of Senior Accountant. A new role reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration, the Senior Accountant will assist with managing accounts payable, administering payroll and associated employee contracts, benefits programs, and tax filings. S/he will also liaise with the auditors, conduct analyses associated with financial payments, budget, and work closely with other department members to insure high quality financial operations.
- Assists with managing and processing accounts payable. Acts as a point of contact with Auditors for Accounts payable and other expenses. Prepares work papers, reports, and documents for year-end audit as needed; creates adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Acts as back-up to process ADP payroll, providing primary coverage when needed. Maintains and updates employee information; enters and verifies biweekly and production payrolls; verifies annual W-2 reporting; completes U.S. Department of Labor and state new hire reports.
- Processes contract payrolls (including state performer withholding taxes), and helps prepare annual 1099 reporting, foreign employee payroll (including withholding deposits as per tax treaties) and annual 1042 reporting.
- Assists Finance manager with administering employee benefit programs including accrued leave, medical, dental, disability/life contracts, T-Passes, and unemployment self-insurance and workers compensation.
- BLO’s self insures unemployment benefits. Administration of unemployment claims and benefits, including regular monitoring of bills and liability. Primary liaison to Massachusetts Department of Unemployment.
- Coordinates employee benefits information sessions for all employees. Implements on-line employee benefits administration opportunities.
- Assists Director of Finance with administration of 401(k) plan, including preparation and review of annual Form 5500, as prepared by trustee, before filing with IRS.
- Manages the Massachusetts DUA Health Insurance Responsibility Disclosure filings.
- Acts as liaison for theatrical employee unions on benefit withholdings and transmissions.
- Assists Director of Finance with cost and variance expense analysis and other projects.
2 to 3 years of accounting experience, B.A./B.S. in accounting or finance; CPA preferred. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task. High level of proficiency with technology and experience with general ledger software. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts would be valuable. Special consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated history of success in similar position.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Sr. Accountant Search, Boston Lyric Opera, 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111, or email KCDamaskos@blo.org. NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Apply by: August 15, 2017
Founded in 1976, Boston Lyric Opera is recognized for its artistically excellent productions of a diverse repertoire that entertain and inspire audiences and feature emerging operatic talent. BLO’s programs are funded, in part, by a grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Boston Lyric Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, candidates of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.